Senior Connections, The Capital Area Agency on Aging's Long Term Care Ombudsman Program provides advocacy and assistance to residents of the City of Richmond and the Counties of Charles City, Chesterfield, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, New Kent and Powhatan.
Our Long-Term Care Ombudsmen confidentially assist residents of Long-Term Care facilities and family members with the following services:
- Serves as a link to long-term care facility residents and the person(s) responsible for their care
- Receives questions, complaints and general concerns from individuals regarding financial, social, family, or legal issues
- Provides residents and family members with information about patients rights, government benefits and other appropriate assistance
- Protects and advocates for the rights of persons living in nursing homes and adult care residences
- Counsels families in how to express their concerns and makes referrals to other appropriate community and advocacy agencies
- Promotes awareness about the rights of older persons and provides training to long-term care providers
Please click on the links on the right for additional information.
For assistance please send an email to Senior Connections' Long-Term Care Ombudsmen Debbie Kopacki or Gretchen Francis or call 804-343-3000.